This recipe was created by my Big Bear for a quick, tasty tea. It is also has the added bonus of being dairy, egg, wheat, gluten, soya and nut free.
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
250g of brown rice pasta
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 chopped onion
1 sliced pepper
1 chopped carrot
2 handfuls of peas
2 handfuls of sweetcorn
5 rashers of bacon sliced
mixed herbs and seasoning – to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a moderate heat.
- Sweat the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrot, pepper and bacon to the pan
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stirring well, then add the mixed herbs and seasoning. Simmer the sauce for 8-10 minutes until thickened.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 6-7 minutes. Drain and cool. Combine the pasta with the sauce in a large mixing bowl, mixing well.
- Spoon into a large ovenproof, glass baking dish.